Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Blue Tongues, Teriyaki, Etc.

Once upon a time, there were a bunch of goofy teenagers who lived in the LP hood. Some of their adventures truly are novel-worthy and hopefully one day will be read by the masses - after the names have been changed to protect the guilty (as well as our posterity).
Occasionally, we still commiserate about past escapades as well as some incidents we wish everyone would forget. However, none of this can be done properly without Leslie's teriyaki and some robin eggs.



My personal wish is that everyone would erase the image of me running through LP with a certain piece of 'clothing' tied around my head... Anyone else have a good one to share?

17 comments:

Daph said...

I'm afraid that image is permanently embedded in the minds of all who were present (as well as all who were at work but heard about it later). I think I'll keep my list to myself.

LB said...

Come on - just give us a good funny...

Leslie Joe said...

how about how you were always albe to get Nicols bra off and once used it to decorate a tree... or... When I was gone Daphne's friends Mooning LP and they left their butt prints on my window... during the flood how you guys took Sina and Jon to help fill sand bags, I know that one is not funny but it sure is a special memory for me

Anonymous said...

huh?, what?, oh?...

Nate and Sina said...

I proudly marched next to you as you paraded in the park, gushing at how cool you were and wishing I had thought of doing it myself...I think that might be more embarassing

The day that you painted "Liz is my hero" on my forhead and painted "I'm Liz" on yours and took me to Smith's

Water fights...you ending up in the shower.

Saying that the gospel told you to love Ted Bundy in order to rationally argue a reason to watch the Madonna Like a Virgin tour...again.

Wish I were there.

Daph said...

Oh, the walk down memory lane. . . I am laughing out loud! I had forgotten about the Ted Bundy rationale. That was a good one. How about the time we "egged" Leslie because she cut her hair?

LB said...

I forgot about the Ted Bundy rationale as well - but wasn't it for the 'Blond Ambition' tour? How about a toilet water water fight. Or making fun of a certain stalker for flipping the bird wrong... at big Samoans to boot!

Daph said...

Stalkers just don't think about consequences of their behavior, do they. Go figure.

Nate and Sina said...

Or what about the time in Las Vegas in the back of CRV hatchback flipping the car behind us off just for fun and then almost getting run of the road and trying to tell my mom we really didn't do anything.

The CRV!! Bouncing to Wayne Chung by hitting the breaks to the beat.

Or watching Daphne learn to drive while mom chirped "I'm a professional driver" endlessly in her ear. Poor Daphne.

And, Days of Our Lives! Slap fights over whether Kim Brady-Donovan was pretty or not.

Nate and Sina said...

You are right, Blond Ambition. I wiki-ed it.

LB said...

Oh my gosh - the slap fight! Really, why did we even care that we didn't agree about that??? Teenagers are so dumb...
That car was a lot of fun. Nicole drove it 100 mph before she was even 16 - YEAH!

Anonymous said...

What about the time I went to Sina's first dance when I was visiting and announced to EVERYBODY (with the DJ's microphone in hand) that they were dance loosers because they weren't dancing and that somebody really should dance with Sina because it was her first one. (I am so sorry!!!)

LB said...

I hadn't heard that one! For my first dance (I was 13 but ALMOST 14), I showed up EARLY! I had no idea what that meant to my coolness factor. Talk about a loser!

Nate and Sina said...

Nicole, I later began to call our stake dances "Stands". They never changed. I always hated them.

Here is another memory, 7th grade student council races. I had to come up with a slogan, I didn't know anybody. You suggested, and created, signs and flyers that said, "If you are a man, vote for Sina. If you are a woman, vote for Sina. If you don't fit into any of these categotries, PLEASE vote for someone else." I guess that was before PC-ness and my liberal political philosophy. :) But I won! And actually heard to 8th graders behind me in the voting line have a conversation saying OF COURSE, they were voting for Sina. I didn't know them. It was the highlight of Junior High.

Daph said...

Running around LP in the middle of the night just long enough for the patrol officer to spot us, then running for home.

And how many times did we say, "Mama, get off the range . . . that ain't no way to ride the stove." Was Kayla's drunken rant REALLY that quotable???

Anonymous said...

Another LP story. I don't remember who all was at LP this night but it was the middle of the night and we met up with this drunk couple. Wade was there and somehow got this couple on the merry-go-round with us. He got that thing going really fast with the goal of getting the couple to barf. I don't remember if they actually did barf but in my 10 year old mind I see them yelling at him to stop and when he finally did they staggered off the playground hurling as they went.

Anonymous said...

Watching the Soap awards show and coming up with stupid names for all the shows (except for Day's because that would be a mockery to it's 'greatness) The one I remember:
As My Stomach Turns. We thought we were so funny! Waste of Our Lives...