
So - I finished this a couple nights ago. All in all, I liked it - especially Edward. However, I think she could have cut about 1/4 of the book by removing the ubiquitous references to his 'crooked smile' and perfect, god-like, Adonis features - I think we get the point. I would have liked a little more with James and the bad vamps at the end and I definitely think they should have vampified Bella - I think it would have made her more interesting...
Also, I'm pretty sure Bella was modeled after the author (see pic) which made me laugh a little at how every guy in school and two powerful vampires were all pretty much obsessed with her - I guess that's every girls' fantasy. As Daph says, "I want my own vamipire."
Also, I'm pretty sure Bella was modeled after the author (see pic) which made me laugh a little at how every guy in school and two powerful vampires were all pretty much obsessed with her - I guess that's every girls' fantasy. As Daph says, "I want my own vamipire."





16 comments:
She did go on . . . and on . . and on . . . and on . . . about that. I got the point long before she stopped making it. As for vampirifying Bella, there are sequels so it may yet happen. Sina went on and on about how the next one (New Moon) sucked, then got really mad that I wasn't reading it. She never has been very logical, has she? Anyway, I'm about halfway through that one now. I'm not sure what I think yet, except that Bella is SO whiny!
I'm still trying to figure out Edward's attraction to her. As far as I can tell, her clutziness is the only thing that sets her apart from other girls. I'll pick up New Moon so we can compare notes.
You guys are blowing me out of the water. I am just putting the book on hold at the library and you have all finished it and are on to the sequel. I am not going to read this post again until I finish the book (maybe by Christmas).
The library was supposed to get copies of book 3 in today. I'm #10 on the waiting list.
Edward, I love every moment with him in the book. I didn't mind Bella so much until the second one. Now I just want to drop kick her. I have more to say, but Nate needs the computer.
I'm half way through 'New Moon' and I don't think it sucks. I actually think there's a bit more story there. The problem is that it's all in Bella's voice which truly is the epitome of whiny. I pretty much guessed that if there were vampires, then there must also be werewolves - so this little twist with Jacob is not too shocking. I know a lot more about the book than I've read because three of my YW came over the other day and couldn't stop themselves from giving practically everything away...
I kind of like the werewolf twist. I agree . . . it's all Bella that makes it obnoxious. She's a piece of work. I really like Jacob as a character too.
I think my big quandry is still WHY every guy is in love with Bella? As with Edward, Jacob is far more interesting than her. All I can get still is that she's this weak-stomached, clutzy, wimpy chick. She's always swooning or nearly fainting over something!
Or tripping over something.
I just finished New Moon. Jacob rocks. Edward is *aaaah* Edward. Bella is BORING - and now I like her less because of Jacob. She admits over and over how she uses him and then continues to do it - but I guess it's ok because she 'feels bad.' She would never have survived her extreme sports without him and now he's thrown to the wolves (PUN intended). She's right when she says Edward deserves better...
Agreed. I may have to change my wish to wanting my own werewolf instead. Bella doesn't deserve either one of them.
Eclipse is waiting for me at the library!!! Can't wait!
Breaking news from the rumor mill:
1. Eclipse outsold HP and the Deathly Hallows. (Seriously???)
2. Book 4 is due to come out quite soon.
3. A movie is in the works.
4. Stephenie Meyer is working on another book that is due to come out soon . . . Some kind of body snatcher type theme.
Any verifications? Disputes?
BTW, I am on chapter 3 of Eclipse. :)
Okay, I just finished (Twilight) and I am glad to see that you are all divulging details in the next 2 books (LB you are as bad as your YW). I liked it! I didn't have any reference to vampires except for what I have seen on Scooby Doo so I enjoyed the vampire story line. As far as what Edward sees in Bella I know the answer to that one. Baloney's teacher's son (who is a young single guy)just started teaching English at Fork's high school last year and I asked her how the dating single life was up there. She said that her hair dresser is from Forks and she warned him that if the girls in Forks are starting to look cute it means you have been there too long. Mystery Solved! I loved the setting! Forks really would be the perfect place for a vampire to live. As far as her going on and on about Edward I agree that it got annoying but didn't it just make you feel like you were 17 again (or am I the only one that was obsessed with a HS boy, or two or three, that had qualities much more superhero in my imagination than in reality)?
So, I heard that Eclipse outsold Harry Potter for the most recent week. That doesn't surpise me though since the WHOLE WORLD bought HPatDH the first day or two after it was released. I finished Eclipse a couple days ago and I, personally, thought it was the best of the three. I won't divulge any more here (for Deli Sub's sake) except to say that I stick with my assessment that Bella is ANNOYING. I was trying to picture this girl in real life and it truly makes me laugh: She passes out on a regular basis and can't even get a paper cut without getting woozy. SUCH a lightweight! I could go on but it will start to give away New Moon... It's weird to like the books and yet really dislike the voice of the books.
If they made these books into movies in the eighties, Molly Ringwald could have easily played Bella - she was a pro at being annoying and whiny...
I think we should start a new thread to discuss Eclipse . . . for deli-sub's sake. I'll put it on my blog . . . I need a new post.
Post a Comment