
I have been very negligent as a parent in getting my kids (especially the eldest) to the dentist. Had I known the sheer delight they would find in the experience, I would have started taking them much sooner. Yesterday when I told Anushka that I was dropping her off at her aunt's house so that I could go to the dentist, she melted into tears. I couldn't understand this because she usually would rather just live with her cousins. Then I realized that she thought I was going to HER dentist without her. The office was set up like an undersea cavern - complete with Dori and Nemo swimming around in a big tank. Each chair was child-size with a flat screen above it where they could watch movies or play games while the dentist (dressed in Mr. Incredible scrubs) counted their teeth.
And finally - the reward for getting their teeth counted and shined:
Not bad eh? On a completely other note, we're leaving in two days for 'the heartland' as MB refers to it. Looking forward to seeing parts of the country we've never visited. We'll try to post as often as possible...
And finally - the reward for getting their teeth counted and shined:





5 comments:
Cheesy comment: "I want to go to THAT dentist." Gone are the day of picking out something from a small box of toys. When we get home from our kid's dentist I need rent a u-haul to get all their goodies home. What will our grandkid's experiences be like?
On another note, I am so jealous. I wish I was going to the heartland in two days. I can't wait to see more...
My friend goes to the adult version of this dentist. They serve cappucinos and give massages. Brilliant marketing. That reminds me, I'm due for a cleaning.
Aren't cappucinos counter productive as far as tooth health goes? Not that I'd turn down a Mountain Dew if my dentist offered...
I was at a drive through window one time (I think it was at Iceburg) and there was a thing in the window that talked about a voucher from a dentist and that was my thought also. Creating job security one cavity time.
Holy Crap. I'm movin back to Utah just to take my kids to that dentist. And I thought mine was posh because they give you heated neck pads and hand waxing (seriously).
Post a Comment