Here are a few highlights thus far:
I think BB was feeling a little jealous of missing out on Pioneer Trek so he took the opportunity to pull a handcart at Martin's Cove (ours were a little heavier though :)
Devil's Tower
Mount Rushmore - or Mushmore Mountain as Anushka calls it - was definitely worth the drive to South Dakota.
The South Dakota Badlands
How many people have actually walked across the Mississippi River? We saw the headwaters of the Mississippi in Minnesota. 
Some of the beautiful fall colors of Minnesota. MB - we already know where we want to go camping with you when we visit!





11 comments:
DB's uncle and aunt live in Rhinelander but I haven't made it to WI yet. The Badland's are also on my list as well as Mount Rushmore. Don't forget about the Boundary Waters (when the kid's are older and can carry the canoes). I am going to check your blog every hour waiting for more heartland photos.)
Amazing! I suppose I'll have to visit MB there.
Daph, we'll have to take a trip together - camping would be a blast at Itaska Park...
That's so funny that you have family in Rhinelander.
We're in Grand Rapids, MI right now and headed for The Dunes in Indiana today. I'll post more later today (with photos) I hope :)
If you both would just move there we could have fun all year long. Summer on the farms, Fall at Lake Itaska, Winter Ice fishing, Spring choosing our favorite shade of brown the possibilities are endless(okay, we could vacation elsewhere in the Spring). It would be as good as Paris.
Sounds like you guys are having a great time!! It looks a little cold up there in Minnesota!! That isn't the case here in KC, it has been 80's all week, I keep wondering when it is going to cool down, but come November I am really going to miss the warm weather, the winters are SO cold here(but short:). Well we can't wait to see you!! Did you want to stay at our house when you come through or did you already have plans? We have a guest room with a bathroom, so if you do want to stay we will have the room and would love to have you.
det rode hus (what does that mean exactly)?
I'm well. Kade and our boys are good too. You have to know that I have been secretly reading your blog for months and have loved it! You have a darling little family. Tell your little sister hello and congrats on the new little (maybe not so little not) one. I'm glad to know that someone is tipping the scales in the female gender direction. cprolf
cprolf,
I'm glad you commented and I'm really glad you are all well! det rode hus means 'the red house' in Norwegian - where BB served his mission. I will definitely tell my sis hi. You're right - her little one isn't so little - she wears the same size diapers as my 2-year-old! I know she (and I) would love to see you sometime!
Devil's Tower always reminds me of Close Encounters, lol. Looks like you guys are having a blast and I am jealous of your travels!
As good as Paris Deli-Sub? Do I need to tell you that we are about to leave on a two hour road trip today and plan on hitting about five castles and a wildlife park to rival the one in San Diego. We are going for a canoe trip in the Loire...who has ever heard of Itaksa? :):)
And while no one else sees this as a great benefit to being in Paris, we are only a 45 minute drive to Disneyland Paris (where we will be on Monday).
But I will give your Heartland a chance...someday.
I definitely see the short ride to Disneyland as a plus. Is it as good as Disneyland Anaheim? And I'm dying to tour some of those old castle areas of the world. We tried to visit Holland, Michigan - and believe me - is DOES NOT rival the pics you posted (granted it's not Springtime)...
If Paris is like So. California then I don't think I would love it all that much. The castles do sound fun but I am sure they can't beat the endless landscape of farm houses next to silos.).)
When you give the heartland a chance make sure it is not in the spring and that you stay with ME!! Maybe you can go to Lake Itaska with us when the kids are good packing mules...
Post a Comment