Happy Birthday Chris Carter!In honor of the (evil?) genius mind that created one of the great series of all time - not to mention the host of fabulous characters he used to tell his sometimes twisted stories - Mulder, Scully, The Lone Gunmen, Krycek, Mr. X, and certainly the Cigarette Smoking Man a.k.a. Black Lunged Bastard (to name a few).
Thanks to Mr. Carter, my roommates and I spent many a creeped out evening together and had excuses to throw parties, tape 'X's in our windows, and shine lights on them in order to signify the beginning of another season. His only flaw with the series was probably dragging it out a season or two too long - but his efforts should be commended. Just a California surfer at heart, he has been quoted to say "The day I swan around in expensive suits is the day I hope someone puts a bullet in my head." My kinda guy...
Here's to ya Chris - Happy 1013!






5 comments:
This is awesome Liz. The man is a genius. I'm so glad I found 'the files'...even if I am a day late and many seasons short...
I am so glad I have you as my officianado to ask all the questions about XF!!!!
I'm loving that you're watching it - it's like living the magic for the first time all over again. I HAD to give him some props!
I am almost to the end of Season 4--man, it is taking forever because Mike never lasts through more than one episode at night. Grrrrr. I just want to sit and have a marathon and plow through. Season 4 has been my favorite so far, but I keep saying that about them all. :)
I loved 'small potatoes' when DD was playing some dorky shapeshifting guy acting like him and making the moves on Scully!!!! I love how they give us a little tidbit here and there to appease us about those two and the tension between them. Sigh.
Sorry for spamming your blog. D:
Your blog is SO COOL! I've just been catching up on the last few posts. It's so artsy. I love that photo montage (collection?) of things you love. And I loved reading about Anya at 5 years old. We sure had a good time with you guys last month. Hope all is well in So. Jordan.
Was the movie any good? I am thinking of sending it in Kade's Christmas package.
Post a Comment