After the blue decorations our friends put up last year, I have literally dreamed of this day for a year. I just never had any idea it would be quite this sweet - undefeated season, MWC champs, and BCS bound - again!
Tonight, we got together with some fellow Ute fan friends for the game. We felt some stress in the first half but the second half was all Utah. The moment it ended, we headed straight to our cougar-fan friend's house with the U Fight song blaring. Here are a few shots of the house after we were finished...
BB made that red U and it actually lights up - so cool! Our friends (sitting in the middle) were great sports about the whole thing. They came out while we were decorating and laughed along with us while we painted their house RED RED RED...





13 comments:
You guys did a really good job. Isn't it great to have friends you can enjoy a good rivalry with. We can't wait to hear what bowl game they get. With any luck we'll be home and able to see the game.
Wasn't it great??? 5 interceptions and a fumble by Max Hall - Are you KIDDING ME?!?!
i before e except after c, right? That should be "lieu." I bet your daughter would have spelled that correctly.
Love it!! And Brad needs to start selling those "U"'s, I would fork over some cash for something like that.
We didn't celebrate the victory with any neighbors but we exchanged some trash talking with my older brother who even kicks and fights when his team loses. Some choice texts exchanged with him:
"Well at least our fight song doesn't sound like a cartoon jingle" (his barb)
"Cosmo has bladder control problems and still lives with his mama." (our comment, naturally)
I'll stop spamming your blog now. :) Seriously, it was a great day!
Spam away girlfriend. I loved your comeback. I have to admit that the words to our fight song SUCK - they should really update them... but whatever - 48-24...
I told BB I think he should start selling those Us!
wish i could have been there. i don't know if brig could of handled his house being tortured after he went through the game. unfortunately i didn't get to see it beccause we don't get the mtn.
Totally sweet man. Tell Brad he did an awesome job on that U. I love it! I can't believe it.. my friend Tasia is a Utes fan. I was arguing with these two boys about hoe Utah is better than BYU waiting for some backup from Tasia. All of a sudden I look at her and she goes, "Megan, I'm a BYU fan now." I was mean to her all day calling her a traitor and giving her crap looks. It pissed me off! She changed her mind in ONE day! You can't do that! Anyway, awesome job on Zazu's house.
The celebration would be a little sweeter if the Y didn't just throw the game for the money. Who is going to pass up some 500 Grand.
But, do you actually know the words to the U fight song?? Whenever Nate pretends to "sing" it, it is all humming until the end, when he shouts "Screw the Y!"
The cougs can never, never make a comeback. As soon as we were down by 10, I knew it was over. I had my revenge by teaching Ruby the words to BYUs fight song! She even does the spirit fingers at the end! As long as she never become a Cougarette, I feel good about her early indoctrination.
Sina, yes I actually (unfortunately) do know the words and the reason the only part that Nate sings is "screw the Y" is because that's the only part worth singing. Utah's fight song lyrics SUCK. I'm sorry to sound disrespectful to my alma mater but they were clearly written in the 1800s and it is just SO SAD...
You mean the words aren't "Da da da da da da da da da da da da da?" Who knew?
Yo! I was wondering... are you going to be home for Christmas? I'm off school for 16 days (whose counting) and I want to come visit you. Blog me back!
Post a Comment