Monday, February 9, 2009

Everybody's Got A Laughing Place...

says Uncle Remus. "Trouble is most people don't bother to go and look for it." My definition of a laughing place is one that is good for the soul - just being there makes you feel better, more balanced. I have a couple. Tip top of the list is Crystal Pier at Pacific Beach in San Diego, California.

Many years before I served there as a missionary (how weird is that?!), San Diego - and more specfically, P.B., was 'the' place for me.So last week, we fled the inversion and 20-degree-weather and headed south. The weather was beautiful - the water was NOT warm. That didn't stop my brave little 5-year-old.
The kids loved climbing around on the rocks at La Jolla.
After a couple of completely perfect beach days, we headed to 'The Happiest Place on Earth" - it didn't disappoint.

Our kids' first ride ever was in search of the infamous Captian Jack Sparrow on 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

Diggity dug meeting Winnie the Pooh (while Anushka was off getting wet on Splash Mountain).
They loved meeting all the characters.

My personal favorite princess that Anushka met was Jazmine (she was the nicest and seemed to actually like kids).

If you've never been to the Pixar parade at California Adventure, let me recommend it! It was a blast for the kids and the parents :)
Jedi training was also cool...
I have to just say how proud I was of Anushka. She is one brave kid - seriously, there was no ride she wouldn't try. Her favorites were Space Mountain and Tower of Terror. In the line for TOT, she was BY FAR the smallest person. I saw a kid that looked about 9 years old and he was the next smallest. They snap a picture of you while you're on the ride and almost all of the adults were squeezing their eyes shut or looking terrified - but my girl had a huge grin on her face. It was awesome!
Diggity and Anushka are really each other's best buddy - we had so much fun watching them together.

7 comments:

Mary said...

We're jealous! This is THE best time to escape to somewhere warm.
Your kids look like they had a blast. Disneyland is so magical with kids!

Court and Britt said...

OH HOW FUN!!! It looks like you guys had a great time:)

Annette said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time. What a perfect thing to do with your kids during the cold and yuck of winter. We wanted to get down to Spain or Italy and see some sun and water but with all the weddings, I guess we'll settle for seeing snow and all our family and friends. :)!!

King Family said...

so jealous of your adventures...i love disneyland so much, i have to hold back because i really think i could be one of those obsessed disney people....

LB said...

I hear you Ang, I had to limit the mouse ears to just my kids. I love that place!

Daph said...

Your reading list is too short . . . I wanted to see what you thought of Reading Lolita. I LOVED the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency books! I think I stopped reading after the one you're on now. . . School started or something. I need to read the rest of them.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh. I'm BEYOND jealous. Looks like an awesome trip! And what a big girl! Alex hasn't down TOT of Space Mountain yet. He did love Splash Mountain last time we were there. Maybe this summer....