Sunday, September 6, 2009

Family Reunion and First Weeks of School

Most people around here are dying for the weather to change, cool off. Not me. Since it snowed into June, I'd be fine with another month in the 90s - especially if they left the pools open. Unfortunately, this is Utah and it ain't gonna happen. The last few weeks of summer have been jam-packed with school, reunions, and play. We're year-round, so Anushka has already been back in school for more than a month. D-man started pre-school a couple weeks into August.
I love the fund raiser they do at Anushka's school. A fun run. That's it. The kids run 2.2 miles and get people to pledge. The goal is for each child to raise at least $20.00. All the money goes to the school, we don't have to sell stuff, and the kids get exercise.
The end of August brought some good times in the forms of Lagoon Day, High School Reunion and FAMILY Reunion with BB's fam. I am lucky enough to have some of the greatest in-laws on the planet - so family reunions...even with HIS family... are super fun events, not times to endure. This year we hung out in Logan Canyon...






Then, yesterday, we hit the local Sniagrab - so now we're set for the inevitably long Utah winter...

1 comment:

Annette said...

I love the pictures of the kids in their shorts and ski gear. It definitely can happen in Utah. It sounds like life is continuing to be fun and busy. Enjoy!!