Note to self: Do not quiz 7-year-olds on their math when suffering from lack of sleep and a migraine... does not go well...
I have felt a fair amount of 'guilt' for not blogging in the last... long time, and keep promising myself I'll get back on the wagon. The blogging world has kept me more involved with people that are really important to me and I've let that slip lately. You know who you are and I'm sorry (if you're reading).
I started to gripe about some of the less fun things that have been going on lately (using the word 'sucks' way too often) and then remembered said 'blog surfing'. First, if Dawn ever reads this, she'll get annoyed with me for complaining; and second, there are amazing friends out there whose perspective reminds me to get over it. They'd switch issues with me in a heartbeat. So I deleted the gripe session.
Here are some quick thoughts on the last few months:
New York City does NOT suck
'Wicked' the musical 'blew my mind' (shout out to Leta:)
The kids are awesome and I have many pictures to eventually post.
The man I married is the greatest guy I know and has been spoiling me with all of his kindness and hard work (photos of the basement are coming MB - I PROMISE!)
Monkey bars in the basement rock!
It was LAME that Nate and Sina were here and we took NO pictures (duh). I'll make sure to include pics of the kids in their fabulous Sri Lankan attire soon.
We've had some great times with friends this winter.
Love great friends!





7 comments:
Yes, you so do! We are missing you. I hope you are feeling better and have a good week despite the fact that BB is away. We are looking forward to seeing you when you are up next weekend.
Wow - someone still checks :)Thanks Annette - we are dying to get up there and can't wait to see you all!
I myself get the occasional migraine, but have never tried "blogging" as a cure. It is usually some chemical in combination with Mt. Dew. Nice to see you typing again! Ok then.
I should have clarified - the blog surfing was post-migraine...
I want to hear more about monkey bars in the basement, sounds fun. Maybe I'll send everyone over to play at your house :) See you next wk at the memorial day festivities.
If Dawn EVER reads this? Hello, I check the blog non-stop. I'm just glad one of my Top Ten Favorite People has started blogging again. Sorry about the migraine. THAT IS a reason to gripe. Yeowch! Okay, the word sucks turns my into an 8th grader. I couldn't stop laughing. LOVED that.
I am finding myself not bloging as much and it doesn't have anything to do with a migraine. I think it might have something to do with feeling like I am just another "mormon mommy blog". Another has to do with wanting to enjoying the moment instead of think about how I am going to post it on my blog and then feeling guilty that I never found the time to put it on the blog at all. Then I read yours and I love seeing your kids and what you are doing and it reminds me that I started doing one to keep intouch with people and it makes me want to post something new because life is too fun to not remember the fun things and if I don't write about things I often forget that they ever happened.
Post a Comment