Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sum Sum Summertime

Last week, while I started my summer with a rousing rendition of stomach flu (like more violently ill than I have ever been in my life - including pregnancies), BB and the kids spent the day building the biggest Lego tower I've ever seen. It actually lit up in the dark because they put two flashlights in the middle - so cool...
The flu bug swept quickly through our family and luckily didn't seem to last long.
Diggity's last two weeks of pre-school have been one long party. This is him getting ready for backward day. I'd call it Kris Kross day but that would really date me I think. Tomorrow is officially his last day of pre school and I'm feeling strangely nostalgic and sad to see this era in his life (and mine) come to such a quick end.
I love so many things about this picture. I love this kid - he puts my little D-man on his snow board with him to slide down hills at the neighborhood parks. He loves the Yankees. And, I love the initiative of any teenager that will get out and do some work to earn a few bucks. He was power spraying our garbage cans and did such a good job that I really felt sad to put garbage in them after...
Cousins Cousins Cousins...
The guy with the hotdog roaster is my cousin Bill. He's the reason I started playing soccer at the age of seven. Even though he's only a few months older than me, he was my hero as a kid - the person I most wanted to impress. To this day, I feel lucky to know him and be apart of his family.
I really like these two guys too :)...
We got together last night up Big Cottonwood Canyon to roast hot dogs and hang out.

Dirty kids = Good times
btw - Anushka doesn't need the glasses - they are her latest fashion statement...

5 comments:

Grace Face said...

I love that Anya has a fashion statement

Annette said...

I like A's fashion statement with the glasses but D looks so much more grown up in that picture. It is sad that he is already done with the preschool years.

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Great pics! (Loved all the catch-up pics in your last post, too). I've heard that the stomach virus making the rounds is absolutely b.r.u.t.a.l-- so sorry you were an unlucky victim. And I know what you mean about pre-school nostalgia. Emma just finished up at her fabulous preschool and I want to cry...it was just so adorable and nurturing and her teacher gave her constant hugs, etc. And the cute songs and art projects. Oh, sigh. And yes, we would love to get together with you guys! Just let us know when...

MD said...

Liz, _I_ even know about Kris Kross. If I know about them, then wow, that makes you really... in the know about pop culture, I guess. :)

Chris said...

Man, I totally forgot about Kris Kross...with good reason. :)

That is a whole ton of yellow legos!!! I love legos, we have a billion sets of Harry Potter legos that I am gonna sell on ebay, do you want any? :)