Jerry Washburn
If you read Facebook, you've already maybe seen me comment about this but he has been on my mind so much today. This is my mission president. He presided over a few hundred missionaries in Southern California from 1993-96. I have so many memories of time spent listening to him counsel, speak, and teach. He sat with me privately on several occasions and counseled with me and helped me keep things in perspective. He taught with the scriptures - he compared them to our lives and helped us relate them to what we were doing. My scriptures have his name written in them over and over referencing times he spoke. When my cousin was killed in a car accident, he came personally and found me at a meeting I was attending. He was so kind and so compassionate in such a difficult time.
I love this man. I have never met a better person. Ever.
Til we meet again Prez...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment