Thursday, May 17, 2007
Camping Weekend
So, BB and I like to try to take off for the weekend each year for our anniversary. This year, our 6th, coincided pretty closely with the birth of Kathryn as well as a trip to Boston that our babysitters (my parents) had the nerve to take. So, finally, we headed out on May 11th. We originally intended to head down to the Moab area but got such a late start that we ended up staying a little closer to home. Has anyone camped in the Wasatch Cache National Forest? It's about 30 miles west of Tooele and I had fairly low expectations. However, it was really a beautiful area of wilderness with pretty good campgrounds that were definitely NOT crowded. The rather large downside to all this was that I started feeling really ill on Saturday and didn't have much energy for a lot of activity. We did a short hike and saw quite a few deer (I'll post pictures once I find where BB hid the camera) - but besides that, we stayed pretty close to our site and our fire. We came home Sunday and Monday I found out I had ANOTHER bout of strep. So now I'm really anxious to go back to Deseret Peak when I'm feeling 100%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Wow, I didn't think anything west of Tooele would be pretty. :) I hope you're feeling better. Abby just got over strep. Ugh.
-Chris
Shocking, I know. I had no idea either. BB actually read an article about the 'little known' wilderness area called Deseret Peak - so I guess most people didn't know. I am feeling better - I guess strep was going around; my sister and her daughter got it as well.
Love the music effect. Very impressive!
Camping!! That sounds fun. I can't wait to get to do stuff like that in the summer time. Hope you are feeling better!!
Tooele was DB's favorite area in his mission. I guess he isn't as crazy as I thought.
Post a Comment