SO, I was raised by parents who pretty much thought anything made after about 1970 was pure crap and everything before was all inspired. Of course there were exceptions - but not many. So, I saw a lot of old movies growing up and was a big fan of actors like Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. And, although I had not a shred of dancing (or singing) ability, I loved all the great musicals. Among my favorites was 'Damn Yankees'. That was where I was introduced to the great Gwen Verdon - one of the greatest Broadway dancers of all time. Below is a dance choreographed by her husband, Bob Fosse. The original music in this video was to 'Mexican Breakfast' and was performed on a TV show in the 60's but someone has updated the music. HELLOO!! It's brilliant! I found the original performance and the 'groovy' music they're dancing to is downright boring compared to this. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of my blog and turn off the automatic playlist so you don't have two songs going at once. ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I would love to have the ability to take an old dance routine and have a new piece of music fit so well.... That was a great find
Post a Comment