Monday, July 16, 2007

'Yo Ho Yo Ho' a Virtuous Life for Me




"You are not twelve years old anymore!" -said my mother after I described my boat-tipping escapades from last weeks' girls camp. This weekend, I was questioned by several friends and relatives, "How was camp?" But the question was definitely inflected with the tone that says, "I'm sure it was awful, how did you SURVIVE camp?" The answer, however, was that I had a complete BLAST at our three-ward girls camp. With a pirate theme and plenty of reasons to get the girls wet (and for them to reciprocate) - it was 100 degrees after all - what was not to enjoy? I came home with a mildly sprained ankle, about 15 new bruises (literally), a water-logged cell phone, about eight total hours of sleep for the week, and a fabulous relationship with about 20 amazing, obnoxious, funny, energetic teen-age girls...

4 comments:

Court and Britt said...

How fun!! I bet the girls love having you as their leader!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! Can I borrow you if I ever get called to YW?

LB said...

You bet you can. I have a lot to live up to considering the leaders I had when I was in YW!

Daph said...

Glad you had fun. Camp rocks!