Monday, December 10, 2007

White Sands, Arches, Monument Valley...

BB is off for the month of December - yeah. How can you take a month off of work and not go anywhere?? He recently got me a new camera for my birthday so we wanted to test it out.
Here are some hilights:

Diggity at White Sands, NM - seriously one of the coolest placest we've seen. Snow white sand dunes in every direction.



A view of Monument Valley on the way out. A storm was coming in. Monument Valley is located in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah. It is on Navajo land and is considered sacred. Outsiders are allowed off of the main roads only with a Navajo guide. Some of the most famous Westerns with John Wayne were filmed in this valley.

Anushka at Mesa Verde in Colorado.

The kids hiked all the way to Delicate Arch - not the easiest for those little legs - but well worth it.

In addition, we headed down to El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico. It was a lot of driving (again) in five days but a lot of fun. It was fabulous to get out of the 20 degree cold for a few days - 70 degrees in White Sands...

4 comments:

Court and Britt said...

Sounds like fun!! You guys are always going some where!! How nice to have a month off work, that is awesome, especially at Christmas time.

Daph said...

I love the pics! Much better than those nasty BYU decorations. :) I really must head in that direction one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your little ones made it to Delicate Arch!! I barely made it myself a million years ago, but I am a fatbutt. It is so worth the hike, though, so spectacular. I need to take my family there too. :)
Your kids are so adorable, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Okay, is BB working a one month on-one month off schedule? Great pictures!