Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Trip I Was Slow in Posting (according to MB)



I'm so very biased toward Southern Cal and specifically San Diego - but this last week we took a trip to Northern Cal and I was really reminded of the beauty of the entire state. After driving across Nevada on I-80, I could really see who was in charge of drawing the state boundaries - it's like the scenery changes from "Please, I-swear-I'll-be-good-just-get-me-out-of-this-hell-hole" barren and dry and boring to breathtaking beauty in a matter of mere miles around the California border. BB was working for the week so my cute cousins, Ben, Terri, and Matt hung out with us for 3 days. We went to the Monterrey Aquarium:



the San Francisco Exploritorium:



and to the beach at Santa Cruz (twice):


Each morning, Diggity awoke with the words, "I wanna go the beach Mama." After BB finished up, we headed up to the Golden Gate Bridge and the John Muir Redwoods - I definitely recommend checking them out when you are in the neighborhood...


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family does the most exciting trips! I am glad you finally posted about it:) It is obvious from the pictures that Diggity and Anushka love life and exploring!

Becky said...

Wow! Those are some great pics, I love the one of the kids in front of the water especially. I'm so jealous. Next time you guys go somewhere I'm so hopping on the back of your van!

Mary said...

Looks like a great trip! Your kids are going to be the most well-traveled kids I know.
We love Muir Woods. If you keep driving North of there the scenery is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Northern Cal is gorgeous, that is where we went on our honeymoon and have been back only once. Monterey aquarium is amazing. You guys travel so much, I am jealous!

Daph said...

About time you got that posted . . . I guess you needed some recovery time after that pool table thing. :) Beautiful pics! Makes me want to go to SF right now. Diggity is clearly your beach-loving kid.

Nate and Sina said...

Great pics! Are you still taking that photography class you mentioned several posts ago?? If yes, blog about it with some of your fave pics. I have only been to San Fran once, and hardly remember it, so I better add that to my list.

LB said...

The class was just a community ed class and only lasted a month. It was OK - I have found a couple books that are pretty good...

Nate and Sina said...

What books??

LB said...

Right now I'm using, "Digital Rebel XTi/400 D Digital Field Guide" by Charlotte Lowrie. It's really specific to my camera which is nice and breaks down categories of photography. I also have a book called "Digital Photography" by Michael Wright and "Photography" by a bunch of people. I haven't gotten as in depth with these books yet but I will. I also have a "Classroom in a Book" for Adobe Photoshop which will be helpful if/when I want to fix pictures after the fact...

The Horners said...

We're glad you guys came out. It was fun spending time with all of you. Come again soon!!

Cristine said...

Your husband has set some lofty goals. Gook Luck to him with both. Also, I noticed that you have yet to put the donation link to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I have tried to use their donate online link several times in the past and it has been impossible! Maybe it's the user instead of the link that is the problem. I hope you can figure it out.

Court and Britt said...

what a fun trip!! you guys are always doing cool stuff:)

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Wow, Liz, what a fun trip, and your photos are awesome. Your family IS always doing cool stuff...