
Go to Vegas...

So we did

Last weekend, five of us headed down to Vegas for this triathlon (my 2 friends and I did a relay). If you ever want motivation to get in shape, drag your bootie to an event like this - I would guess that 80% of the women there were in amazing shape - the other 20 were like me - I could pull off the race but could DEFINITELY be in better shape. Nevertheless, it was a blast to be in the beautiful 80 degree weather with girls that made a long drive seem like a jaunt downtown. Our relay team did pretty well - we placed about 6 out of 14 - hey - it was our first. My friend Andrea placed 39th out of about 450 and Cobi JUST had a baby 8 weeks ago and completed the entire race - you go girl! I got this biking photo off of the race web-site. As soon as I get pics from my friend Whit, I'll get some better ones up...
9 comments:
I'm packing my bags right now to go to Vegas. I don't like the weather in Utah right now at all. In fact, I just finished ranting about it on my blog. Wanna sub for me for the next 35 days?
You're my hero.
You're my hero.
way too go that is awesome!! I have wanted to do one of those but they seem SO HARD!! and I am way out of shape right now!!
LIZZIE- You look so hot on that bike. I for sure will get you more pictures from the race just as soon as I delete myself out of them. jk
Whit - if I left my chubby self in the pictures then I want ALL the pics with you in them!
You rock! You are my hero too but everybody knows that...
Good for all you ladies! I am so proud of you all. Come to Phoenix where it is a lovely 85 degrees...there are lots of triathalons here...I think....
I think I will be feeling the same way when I run the Bryce 1/2 this summer. I think it is awesome that you did it! As for the pit bulls one of them also bit a woman while she was trying to help my dog. Many of my neighbors have written the city expressing their concerns about these dogs. Initally, they were to be returned to the owners in 10 days, however, I received a letter from the city today saying that these dogs would not be released in 10 days and a decision would be made by the court as to if they get to come back to the neighborhood. Of course, the owners deny it even happened. They know that they were out loose during the time he was killed. But they say that their dogs are "so sweet, wonderful with children and would never do such a thing." I think Bruzer and the woman who was bitten thought they were exceptionally sweet. Sorry for the the longest comment in history of blogging:) Now, off to the airport!!
Post a Comment