Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memory Tag

So, it's been a rough couple days. Yesterday a good friend of mine passed away - WAY too young. Today BB got hit by a car while on his bike - NO WORRIES - he's ok, just a little banged up. His bike is another story. Anyway, I saw this post on my cousin's blog and it looked like just the thing to cheer me up - so DO IT - or not, whatever...
Here's how you play:1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember.2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory of you. It's actually pretty funny to read the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

25 comments:

Leslie Joe said...

WATER FIGHTS!!! You dousing me with toilet tank water and me throwing you in the shower!! That is one of millions of memories.

Jon said...

Oh where to begin.... The family photo's, the nights in the park, the bbq's, the water fights, the de-lava lava-ing of me, the bra rambo run thru liberty park!! wow too many!

Jon said...

I dont know if the first comment came thru let me know it was GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh--I am glad to hear Brad is ok, how scary! What happened? And I'm sorry about your friend, too.

Ok, so here's a memory--waterskiing with weird people from ARUP (wasn't it Brian and Sharon Dorrans?) and your brother, I think? and being terrible at it and everyone else being really good. Then I remember us burying each other in the mud at the beach of wherever we were and being really glad you were there with me otherwise I would have never gone with that bunch of misfits--we were the only sane ones, right?

That wasn't a very complete memory, but you probably thought I was going to bring up harassing Phil Stanley, didn't you? :D

LB said...

Chris-
I DID think you'd talk about harassing Phil (you know me too well) - that waterskiing trip was a TRIP. My brother cut his head open when Ryan Coomes drunk drove the boat and sent us all flying across!

Suzzanne G said...

Water skiing last summer at the family reunion. You were the bomb! I was totally impressed by your skills and jealous that I wasn't as buff as you! I was too chicken to even try to water ski. Liz, you rock!

Mary said...

It sounds like you guys have had a difficult month! Tell B that we're thinking of him.

When Josh and I were first married we took a road trip down to Nevada/ Cali with you and some of the cousins for a DMB show. The show was great, but the best part of the memory is how, after the show, we were all stuck in the parking lot until about 2 AM and didn't get back to bed in Pahrump until it was almost morning. We then had to get up a couple of hours later and drive home. It was pretty insane - and all just to see DMB (not to mention, our seats were like a mile away from the stage :). That was the first time I had spent much time with you and I remember thinking how funny you were.

Cristine said...

The world is less colorful place without her-so sad.

So glad to hear that BB is all right. That is very scary.

And Ryan Coombs driving a boat while drunk? Shocking!

Anonymous said...

SEE I knew you would remember that, and I couldn't even remember Ryan's name--his girlfriend was like this pro waterskiier and super cute and blonde and tiny.
I forgot about your poor brother and his head! You have a great memory, my dear.

Court and Britt said...

I remember being really little and you were babysitting Ryan and I. We were in the closet (@ our house in West Jordan)and you were telling us some scary 'bogger' story. I can't remember exactly how the story went, but I remember Ryan and I thinking it was so funny!!

Anonymous said...

Okay everybody is going to cover the usual funny face painting and gallivants in Liberty park. Mine are going to be things people may not know...

Driving back from one of our Vegas/Pahrump trips you give all your money (and mine) to a family that was stranded at a rest stop needing gas money. You told me that we had enough gas to make it home and they needed it more than we did. Another one was when I was in 5th or 6th grade I was feeling really bad about being so chubby and you helped me start being aware of what I was eating. I would come to your house once a week for a weigh-in and we would write down the loss in a journal that I kept track of what I was eating. I think there was some reward but I don't remember. Mostly the reward was all the attention you would give me. It was the first time I thought about actually having control over my weight. I mostly remember how positive you were with me when we would go over the journal and you would give me pointers.

Josh said...

Whaat Uuuup Liz? How about the time we played 2 on 2 sand volleyball in a tournament out at the Great Salt Lake. Red Rover, Red Rover at Grandma Liddles. Watching Tony Dorsett kill it on Thanksgiving Day for the Cowboys with you and Bill. Rocking out to Rage at the U2 concert- probably not the best band to listen to right after my mission. Of course, the really short drive to San Fran to see DMB and then the really cool lady who loved us as we sat down right on her blanket waiting to hear "Lie in our Graves" and they would never play it. I could go on but please tell Emily to never fall off the hayride at Uncle Parley's farm again as we all watch it run over her.

LB said...

Love ya Josh - I'll pass the message on to Em :) I know her memory of you would be you teaching her the facts of life when you were both about 5. Em asked my mom if it was true and then got really disgusted when she found out it was (I was laughing my head off in the next room)...

Bastians said...

I can't read our blog. For some reason the text isn't coming thru. Anyone else having a problem with that? Anyway, what happened to Brad? -Miriam

Bastians said...

What happened to Brad? The text isn't coming thru on your blog for me. Hasn't been for about a week now. Anyone else having the same problem? -Miriam

The Horners said...

Hummmm... it would probably be more recently since I didn't ever say anything to you at first. I was intimidated because Ben talked so much about you. I enjoyed spending time with you guys when you came out to San Jose. We had SO much fun and I feel like we know each other a little bit more. More to come, that's for sure!
~Terri

Daph said...

Driving to Vegas in your CRX with Madonna blasting and you in the passenger seat on cop-watch duty telling me I had better not even think about going below 80 mph!

Anonymous said...

The only time I have ever gone over 100 mph was in that same CRX.

LB said...

I'm really glad I didn't get any of us killed driving that little car so fast on those trips!

Cristine said...

I just looked at the course for the TOU Half and it looks like a leg KILLER! Happy Training:) Also, I remember being with you at my parents cabin and getting caught up there in a rainstorm and having to push you parents car out of the mud (clay). Also, it was you and your family who introduced me to ranch dressing on pizza-yum yum yummy.

LB said...

why does it look like a leg killer? Now I'm nervous...

Jeff Janae & Crew said...

Okay, so I was trying to think of a memory. But instead of a single memory coming to mind, when I think of you, I visualize you laughing. It seems like you always find the good and funny in the situation around you. Whether it is at the neighborhood potlucks or with the YW. I think people love your humor and that is why they are drawn to you.

Jeff Janae & Crew said...

So I was trying to think of a memory. And instead of memory the first thing that came to mind was the thought of how you always seem to be laughing. I think people are drawn to you because you seem to find the good and the humor in the situation.

Here is a memory: A group of us wearing ill fitting suit coats, singing and dancing to a song about "aliens." That was funny.

Cristine said...

I misread the elevation drop of 1045 being for the HALF instead of the full marathon. That is why I thought it would be painful on the legs. You'll do great. I hope you will blog about your experience:) Happy Running!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I have the pleasure of having you in lots of my memories for my first 13 years!! I feel so lucky to have had you as a big sis - otherwise, I would have missed out on the fun times in the back yard, the conspiring, watching movies, sports and tv shows with you, commiserating and of course the teasing! I never really lacked anything at the Liddle's house. I remember taking naps on your bed and staring at the pictures on your wall - specifically ying yangs and surfing pics. You were always so cool - I remember being elated to be cool enough to tease the OTHER kids with you, it was so fun. And then I got the hang of it and did it even when you weren't there!
Thank you for still being a great friend. It makes me feel awesome that you still keep in touch. (Can you believe we're this old?) I love you to death!