Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Fun Funny Five-Year-Old

Anushka is not what I was expecting. But she kind of is. I always thought that I hoped I'd have a daughter I could really relate with - which means one that would prefer a soccer ball to a doll and t-shirts and shorts to bows and dresses. But, I've always said that I'd probably end up with a girly girl - and Oh Brother Did I!! She loves princesses, Polly pockets, ribbons in her hair, and dress up games. She's owned about five soccer balls in her life and I'm not sure if she's ever kicked one of them (maybe the pink one). But I wouldn't have her any other way.
  • 'Brrr-ing' is a word in our house. Most people say 'freezing' but Anushka is always 'brrrr-ing cold'.

  • If a DVD skips or doesn't play anymore, it's 'crunchy,' according to her - and that's how we all describe it now.

  • She's picked up some Brittish phrases from 'Charlie & Lola'. She told me that she would do her homework 'straight away' and that my friend Jen told her 'loads of times' that her favorite colors are green and red.

  • We're trying to get Diggity to try using the potty. Anushka tried to help us convince him by telling him he could use his 'squirty thing.'

  • She's really into geography and can find countries on the globe that I'm pretty sure most adults couldn't find.

  • I think this comes from Kindergarten but she's really into saying 'raise your hand if...' (you've been to China, or you've been to Texas)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL we have lots of crunchy DVD's at our house. And I love the British terms!! You wonder what you ever did without these kids of ours....
She is a lot like her mother, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Squirty thing! HAHAHAHAHA! Thats hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Thats hilarious! She's a Sarah.. but not.. she's an Anya thats like a Sarah. Why do u call her Anushka?