Sunday, January 28, 2007
Power Foods
Yesterday, we were in line at the grocery store. As usual, I perused the headlines on the magazine rack. Of course there were the sensational stories about President Bush leaving Laura, Paula secretly wedding Simon, Tom and Katie's whacked out marriage, etc. In addition, I noticed quite a few promised articles relating to diet and food (not unusual). One caught my eye - "Power Foods" - with a caption promising foods that would increase health and longevity, improve heart function and, of course, aid in weight loss. For a moment I felt the urge to buy the magazine. Then I remembered. I already know what those power foods are: Leafy greens, bright, colorful vegetables, berries, salmon, various nuts, blah blah blah. Nowhere in that article would I find permission to eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast or drink Mountain Dew like water. And, even if they're fried in 'healthy' canola oil, I don't think we'll find french fries there either. Am I so wrong to dream of a world where bright colorful Skittles will improve my blood pressure or where doughnuts will speed up my metabolism? I guess I can dream of that world but I better start living in this one :(I'm going to the gym tomorrow, I swear!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I just had Texas sheetcake for lunch!!! Woohoo for the Power Foods.
I think I'll go take Camille for a walk to the park. That'll even things out, right??
-Chris
Well written article.
Post a Comment