Sunday, March 2, 2008

X-Philes Live

Anyone who knows me well knows that I was fairly addicted to The X-Files. My brother referred to it as my 'other religion' on more than one occasion. So, imagine my delight in discovering that my neighbor and friend is a real alien believer. Much of this came out at girls camp last summer - let's face it, lots of secrets are revealed when you get a bunch of women together in a tent with no sleep. So, in honor of all the alien jokes that have been told since, she had a 'prettyfreekinscary' alien party this week. These are some of the results:

Green salad, jello, rolls, ice cubes, spinach dip, pasta - we even food colored our alfredo sauce green - it looked SO nasty on spinach noodles - but actually tasted ok.

Dessert provided:

Alien antennas were an obvious must-have. (The men took theirs off so quickly after dinner that they didn't get to be in our killer photo)

The evening was capped off with the movie "IT came from outer space" - which was a circa 1950 3D movie about shape shifting aliens who crash-landed in Arizona. We learned that 92 degrees is the temperature at which people go mad. The acting was amazing and the screams alone deserved Oscars. With a group of good friends, it was nothing short of side splitting hilarity.

11 comments:

Daph said...

Aaah, the X Files . . . There will always be a place in my heart for it (and the 125 nights in a row that we watched it). The Truth is Out There.

Becky said...

You are hilarious! How did I not know this about you!?

DB said...

How fun! I am amazed that you are finding such "kindred sprites" in Day Break. It just makes you realize that there are good people no matter where you live..:)

LB said...

It was fun - who is this though?

Cristine said...

KR loved, loved, loved the x-files. He has all of them on DVD. Maybe I should watch them and try to understand the fascination.

Anonymous said...

It's MB. Sorry, when DB checks his email it messes me all up...

LB said...

cprolf,
You should definitely check it out - but there are a few that I wouldn't watch alone...

Court and Britt said...

That is hilarious, what a fun idea!! Love the new background by the way.

CHILI said...

So, You act like you might not believe in aliens. I thought we all agreed that there are definitely 9ft aliens on the moon.

Anonymous said...

Liz you are going to vomit when you read this, but I have NEVER watched the X-files. I know I would love it, and need to plan a month long marathon or something.

((hides head in shame))

LB said...

I still like you Chris. They are all on DVD now so if you ever have like 8 seasons' worth of time you'll have to check it out. The first 6 were probably the best - then they introduced new characters which were fine but probably just should have had their own show rather than trying to take over the x-files.