Last week, my friend and I were interviewing a bunch of moms of girls who are graduating high school - we were putting together a spotlight video of the girls. We asked the moms about goals the girls have accomplished and what their hopes and dreams are for their daughters' futures. It was surreal. All I could picture was my 6-year-old and how, in the blink of an eye, that will be me talking about her. A few fun things about her:
- Kindergarten has turned her into a voracious reader. It's now her favorite passtime - she loves Junie B. Jones and is now writing her own version, "Junie B. Schrader".
- She has scored more goals for her team than any other player. Sadly, she's only scored 2 goals - their team hasn't made a lot of points this season.
- She is a NIGHT OWL - no matter how we try, we cannot get her to sleep before 10 and if she's alone in her room she'll stay awake much longer.
- Still a girlie girl, she's no wimp. She has big scabs on both knees at the moment and loves riding her scooter down hills.
- Her hair is almost to her waist - she's growing it out to donate.
- She's a blast to have at home. I'm going to miss her when she's in first grade. I've said to many people, if I could send 'D' to school for seven hours a day and keep her home, I'd do it...





4 comments:
That is so cute but so scary. You are right, the time will pass quickly and before you know it she will be graduating. But before then, you have a lot of great things to look forward to...drivers ed, first dates, dances ..... at least those are some of the fun ones. Just having her bright smiling face and love of life around it a great blessing. Enjoy. Even D!
She's officially the cutest kindergartner ever! i love her!
i love the graduation cap pictures...it is kind of an adjustment when they are gone all day and you realize it is the rest of their lives, except for summer.
what a cute girl!! They grow up way too fast :( I can't believe all that rain!!
Post a Comment