Friday, June 19, 2009

Locks of Love

About two years ago, Anushka decided she wanted to follow in her cool-2nd-cousin-Aubrey's footsteps and grow out her hair so she could donate it to a child who didn't have any. Wednesday, she decided, was THE DAY she was ready to do it...

Here's the hair still attached to her head:
The hacking begins:
Finished product. A little shorter than we anticipated but cute anyway.
In other news, we finally got a couple of swim-worthy weather days:
This face is SO Diggity:
And finally, I just love this pic - my daughter the book worm (reminds me of her cousins):

4 comments:

Mary said...

That is very cool, Anushka! The new haircut is super cute.
I had no idea that Aubrey had done that too.

Daph said...

I love the new do. Very cute! And it warms my heart to see a kid curled up with that rite of passage, The Magic Tree House. :)It's hard to believe you got to go swimming when I look out the window now. When did we move to the Northwest?

Grace Face said...

i LOVE her hair! it's so cute

Chris said...

What a sweet girl. And her hairdo after the cut is really really cute.

Are you guys still getting tons of rain? I loved it when I was there last week.