UGLY??
Serious?
I have heard Utah described as a lot of things: conservative, white, no-night life... but not ugly. I have traveled across this country and up and down both of its coasts and I know that there is a lot of beauty out there - the lush green of the south and Pacific NW, the rocky shores of New England, beaches, plains, rolling valleys, mountains...
Now, in defense of my homestate I am compiling a list of beautiful and unique places that Utah offers:

Just this last weekend, BB and I cross-country skiied in the beautiful Big Cottonwood Canyons
There is the really cool landscape of Goblin Valley
Spring in Big Cottonwood
Cedar Breaks
The Uintahs
Not to mention:
Bryce Canyon, Arches, Zion National Park, Coral Pink Sand Dunes (see pictures previously posted to this blog), Cache Valley, The Salt Lake Valley (of course, on a non-inversion day:), the red rocks of southern Utah, some even find the salt flats beautiful, the Oquirrhs, Mt. Timpanogos... I think I've made my point. Did I miss anything?
Whew - I feel better...





5 comments:
Utah is indeed a beautiful place. Clearly your neighbor is insane. Speaking of ranting . . . I remember many a rant in AP English regarding Song of Solomon. Are you really reading it on purpose?
I'm rethinking that - even as we speak...
I never did read it in AP English (like most of the books we were supposed to read:)
I agree with you totally, I do have some issues with living here (allergies and inversions!!) but the landscape is NOT one of them. Here in Ut there is every thing from Desert to forrest. The only thing we don't have is the ocean... but then... wasn't the great salt lake (as some legends have it) part of an inlet from the sea? When you drive from Northern ut to southern, or from west to east there is so much to look at its better to be the passenger sometimes than the driver.
I think you should tell her that if she wants beauty she should skip the NW and go straight to the midwest.)
My gosh you guys get around. I can't believe you do so much with little kids in tow.
Your neighbor is truly insane.
XOXO Chris
Post a Comment